Careers at L'ortolan
L'Ortolan is a forward thinking, dynamic, fine dining restaurant with three AA rosettes and an AA Notable Wine
List. Would you like to be a part of a passionate team dedicated to providing an exceptional dining experience in every way?
Senior Waiter / Waitress £24 to £26kpa
- On a day to day basis plan, organise and direct the work of the Restaurant Team
- Lead by setting a good example
- Maintain staff efficiency and morale in the restaurant at the highest level
- Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service
- Assist restaurant service to ensure a smooth and professional operation of the restaurant
- Assist the Restaurant Manager with telephone answering, reservations handling, welcoming guests, taking orders, billing, VIP guest management
- Learn and be fluent in menu ingredients, food preparations and special dietary requirements
- Maintain high personal appearance and hygiene standards.
- As a junior sous chef you are expected to run and lead your section in a responsible manner
- Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen
- Ensure that the day’s tasks as set by the Head and Sous Chefs are actioned, but also that your own tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively while maintaining the standards of the kitchen
- Ensure food waste is kept to a minimum
- Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef with ideas for new dishes that reflect the restaurant’s standards and customer expectations
- Ascertain the next day’s business and order foodstuffs accordingly
- Understand the construction of a budget and how you can affect and influence profit and loss results
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the financial targets outlined within the budget
- To communicate to the Head Chef any ideas that may help the business run more profitably / effectively or increase guest experience
- Have a passion for food & drink
- Have high standards and pride in their work and their appearance.
- Be hardworking, approachable, open and friendly
- Thrive in a lively and fast-paced environment
- Support to the sous chef and head chef
- To be creative and innovative with quality ingredients in production and staging
- Ensuring that we deliver the best menus that we can offer with innovation, imagination, flair and within the budge
- Hygiene and other regulations, policies and procedures
- As a Commis pastry Chef you are expected to help run the pastry section in a responsible manner
- Assist the pastry Chef in the day to day running of the section
- Ensure that the day’s tasks as set by the pastry Chef are carried out efficiently and effectively while maintaining the standards of the kitchen
- Ensure food preparation waste is kept to a minimum
- Assist the pastry Chef with ideas for new dishes that reflect L’Ortolan’s standards and customer expectations
- Alongside the pastry Chef ascertain the next day’s business and order foodstuffs accordingly
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the financial targets outlined within the kitchen budget.
- 28 holiday days per year
- Accommodation Available
- Meals on shift included
- We are an independent restaurant where decisions are made quickly if needed.