Head Waiter/Waitress £20-£24kpa - depending on experience
Experience preferable - 1 year as a Head Waiter/Waitress in a Michelin starred restaurant
• Deliver outstanding customer service at all times
• Welcoming customers and presenting menus
• Taking orders - offering suggestions and demonstrating product knowledge at all times
• Serving drinks and food to guests
• Up-sell when appropriate
• Accepting orders and payment
• Assist in setting up and closing down the restaurant areas ready for service or the next day
• Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
• Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment at all times
• A warm and approachable personality with lots of charisma;
• Prior experience as a Head Waiter/Waitress in an intimate, quality restaurant environment;
• Passion for delivering the highest levels of customer service and the enthusiasm to encourage the same in others;
• Sights on a long-term career in hospitality;
• Thirst to continually learn and develop themselves
Commis Waiter/Waitress - £16-18kpa
As a Commis Waiter/Waitress, you will be responsible for assisting waiters in their sections as well as preparing mise-en-place and closing restaurant for the day.
You will be responsible for bringing the food to the restaurant dining rooms on trays as well as preparing mise-en-place before and after service, including cleaning duties.
We're looking for someone who’s:
•Be able to work under pressure
•Have can-do attitude
•Be a team player
•Have a previous experience in Michelin star restaurant (preferred)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Chef de Partie to join our existing team here at L'Ortolan. Ideal candidate would have experience in 3 AA Rosette or a Michelin star environment. To assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen through the implementation and management of procedures and the control of resources in accordance with the vision of L'Ortolan. You will learn a huge amount by being part of our kitchen brigade. Apply by emailing a CV to email@example.com
KITCHEN PORTER - PART TIME/FULL TIME - NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
We are seeking kitchen porters to join the talented team here at L'Ortolan. This role is a great opportunity to join a Michelin starred kitchen. The role involves assisting with preparation for service, pot washing and general kitchen cleaning duties. There is no need for any previous experience. Apply by emailing a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPRENTICESHIPS NEW STARTERS WELCOME:
For starters in a chef-ing career we are happy to encourage training and development alongside any hospitality and tourism courses. Even if you are not at college we can organise a suitable college course for you and give you a great career in cooking.
Your experience here will teach you a high standard of service and excellent customer service skills for the future.
Apply by emailing a CV to email@example.com
If your are interested in any of these positions please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org